Ploumanach - Phare du Men Ruz (Brittany)
The Men Ruz lighthouse is located at Ploumanac'h in the Côtes-d'Armor department in Brittany. The structure is composed of pink granite and marks the entrance to the channel leading to the port of Ploumanac'h. In Breton Men Ruz means 'red stone'. The first lighthouse was build in 1860 but it was destroyed in 1944 and replaced by the current lighthouse in 1946.