LINQ Outlook, OneNote and Excel
Version 1.3 (December 2008) - open source - C# & NET 3.5
The ScipBe.Common.Office namespace contains 3 classes : OutlookProvider (LINQ to Outlook), OneNoteProvider (LINQ to OneNote) and ExcelProvider (LINQ to Excel). The OutlookProvider is a wrapper class which provides IEnumerable collections to data of the COM interface of Outlook ( appointments, contacts, mails, tasks, ...). The OneNoteProvider provides collections of notebooks, sections and pages by manipulating the XML hierarchy tree of OneNote. And the ExcelProvider loads an Excel worksheet and provides column definition and row collections. All collections are IEnumerable so you can query them with LINQ. The full source code is provided.
Check out my articles where I describe the implementation of these 3 classes and how to use them. These articles also contain a lot of LINQ query examples.
- Querying Outlook and OneNote with LINQ
- Execute queries on Office data with LINQPad
- Display Outlook contact pictures in WPF application
- Querying Excel worksheets with LINQ
- Cleaning up Outlook mailboxes
Copyrights and distribution
- These components are open source (Mozilla Public License 1.1) and may be freely distributed.
- The author doesn't give a warranty for error free running of these components and he doesn't give any support.
- See source code and help file for more information about the classes, interfaces, properties, methods, events, ...
- Contents: Components with sources and help file (C#, .NET 3.5, Visual Studio 2008)
- Version: 1.3 (2008-12-17)
- File size: 126.3 Kb
- Author: Stefan Cruysberghs